Happy Summer! I am writing this from Michigan – one of my absolute favorite places in the summer. Last week I took some time out of office-ish to be with family + enjoy lake living. It is one of my favorite times of year + thankful I am able to take it in. Unplugging a little really helped my energy + brain power so I know I needed it.
I am changing it up a bit for July. I am constantly learning + growing so my goal (yes one goal) for July is going to help me do so. So, join me, in my review from June:
Reoccuring Goals Review:
- Journal every morning & evening! This is all made possible through my FAVORITE journaling tool – The Five Minute Journal – Check!
- Drink a gallon of water a day. Yes!
- Have a date with Jack. We started sneaking in some weekday date nights which was so nice! We had some beautiful weather so enjoyed popping into breweries for a drink with our little pups.
- SLOW DOWN & take in every moment! I did a pretty good job at this. I was able to spend some quality time with Jack, visited my family in Arizona, had sister bonding time, and even threw a baby shower for my expecting sister. There is always room for improvement but I am starting to do better at this!
Specific to June Goal Review:
- Work smarter + not harder. I am a firm believer in this. Hard, smart work is a deadly combo & I am here to master that in June for not just me, but all my clients. I have already done a bit of brainstorming on this throughout the past two months so it’s about to get wild. Getting there but room to continue to grow & cannot wait to see where it takes me.
- Take some time for me. I deal with extreme FOMO but I am also someone who needs her alone time. Disclaimer: if I am taking some alone time, please don’t tempt me with a fun time because that is just mean & pure torture. I did a pretty good job at this! From simply treating myself to a blow out to enjoying a facial (thanks to Heather!!), I was able to pamper myself a bit.
- Be present. This is a repeat. I have found myself and my mind going a million miles a minute in many different directions and it’s just not the best. At least not the best for me. I am striving to be ALL IN every conversation, every email, every task, every handshake, every hug…every moment. This is a big one BUT I believe my implementation of block scheduling into my work day will be beneficial. More on that to come, too! I was making a conscious effort to focus on this so I believe I took strides in the right direction. I did ok with this but spoiler this will be coming back in July for sure!
Like I said, I am changing it up! Living life on the edge. Usually, I come up with 3 goals to focus on each month but this month I am setting one. Is that crazy?
I have been asked a lot in the past few months how I balance my work and how do I decide what to do when. Well, I do have a system and I am working on getting in a groove with it. There are many tools involved so I want them all running like a well-oiled machine + no time like the present. The foundation? Keep things simple, efficient, and effective.
This month I will focus on perfecting it. Or perfecting for me. If I can get this down, I would ideally not have my computer open every single night which would lead to being more in the moment and a better work/home life balance. I have a hard time turning things off when I love what I do but I know it is important! I plan to share my process, too, to give you a little behind the scenes look – whoo whoo!
Go crush July. Leave it better than you found it!